7 Rules for Self Discovery
We often get so caught up in living and keeping pace with our busy lives that we often become out-of-touch with ourselves and what gives us grounding and a sense of being. It is like we set the car on cruise control and we are speeding down the road of life without noticing the beautiful scenery pass us by. We are not present and our awareness is not existent.
Maybe as the seasons change and spring brings in a breath of fresh air and new outlook, maybe it is time to tune in and become more self-reflective. These points will help to restore a sense of control and give you clarity in your life identifying what is important and what brings you happiness and fulfillment.
1. FOCUS ON WHAT YOU WANT MOST OUT OF LIFE What are your dreams and aspirations? Where do you see yourself in 3, 5 or even 10 years? Who will be there with you? What will you be doing?
2. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE MOST Are your thoughts positive and uplifting or negative and judgmental? Do we have the same reoccurring thoughts or or are our thoughts scattered. If we fixate on certain thoughts, why, and what meaning do they have?
3. HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY How do we perceive money in our lives? It is something that we never have quite enough of, or do we rarely think about money, knowing we will be alright. There is a fine line of spending money carelessly and be conscience of your spending and what you direct your funds towards.
4. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR LEISURE TIME What do you do to fill up your down time away from the workplace? What activities make you happy and leave you feeling fulfilled?
5. THE COMPANY WE SURROUND OURSELVES WITH Who brings out the best in us? That person or persons that we can talk to for hours or sit in silence with and not feel awkward. We don’t get to choose our friends, but we do have control of who we surround ourselves with daily.
6. WHO & WHAT WE ADMIRE MOST Who are our icons? Who do we take inspiration from? Why do we look up to these individuals; what traits do they possess that leave us in aw?
7. WHAT MAKES US LAUGH Laughter is contagious. It makes us feel happy and brings us joy, and who wouldn’t want more of that? Identify what makes us break out in giggles and work out how to bring more of it into your life.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.